Recent Posts

Recent Posts...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Three-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

 
One summer before we had children, my husband was relocated to Georgia for work, so we packed up our house and found an adorable apartment in the suburbs of Atlanta. While we loved living there, my husband's company decided to sell their stores and go out of business. Thankfully, they moved us back home, and I was able to get my teaching position back, so it ended up being like one very long vacation during my summer break. The only problem for me was extreme boredom. After all, this was the late '90s, so there was no Facebook or Skype. Since I wasn't working and knew nobody in the area, I spent most of my days exercising, cleaning, and watching TV. Now, over 12 years and four children later, I'd give anything for a slow summer like that again, but I figure that won't happen until the youngest has moved off to college, and I am certainly not ready for that yet. 

I watched quite a bit of television on the local channels they had since we didn't have cable or satellite, but I no longer remember the various shows. To help with the boredom, I began trying out new recipes I saw on TV, including desserts. Since I had all the free time in the world to exercise and still had that lovely 20-something-year-old metabolism, I could afford all that cooking and baking! I'd give anything for that toned pre-pregnancy body again...


But I digress. The point of this post is not to dwell on the past but to share a super easy, super fantastic recipe I discovered while living in Atlanta and watching some random long-since-forgotten talk shows. It's a three-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe, and it yields 18 cookies. Here's how to make them:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 1 egg. Scoop 18 balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I love our cookie scooper.) Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar onto the balls and use a fork to press down flat. Sometimes I push down a few chocolate chips in mine. Bake for 10-12 minutes
It's really that simple, and we have friends who beg us to make these cookies for them. Since we always have these three ingredients on hand, we can oblige! In fact, just last night, after tucking our kids in bed, my husband and I sat down to watch a movie when he decided he was craving these cookies. Before the previews ended, he had the batch in the oven, and boy did they smell divine! I won't admit to how few were left over for the kids' lunches the next morning, but I will say that I really need that time to exercise like I did during that Atlanta summer. 
 
I'll be sharing this post at some of these parties here.  

TheRusticPig

12 comments:

  1. Hi! How funny...I just made these with my kids last week and posted about them in the spring. They sure are good and SO easy!

    Jessica
    http://sunnystitching.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never known anyone else who knew this insanely simple recipe. So glad to hear it's a hit "across the pond"!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have never heard of such a simple recipe!! I will have to try it out! :) New follower! Found you through the Mommy Brain Mixer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband's going to love these cookies and only 3 ingredients. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm pinning it now.

    Your newest follower.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look delicious and easy! Right up my alley! Newest follower from the Mixer hop.

    Julia @ Mom on the Run x2

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and easy, Bonny!! I would love for you to link this post to my Tasty Thursdays linky party going on right now. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/12/tasty-thursdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOVE peanut butter cookies and never make them! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonny,
    I saw this and went oh oh a cookie I will invite them to our cookie party! ha ha. I spent last night commenting ; ) Every once in awhile I miss a lazy time before the kids, when I use to be tired I would lounge around...what?! These look so easy and yummy!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinned it and saved to my Evernote cookbook. I'm going to have to try these. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try this! I'm a gluten free girl and often grain free. I make a delicious peanut butter cookie with gf flour but no flour, I LOVE!!!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe and story. I'm a recent empty nester and still adjusting! Enjoy your full house!!! Following your blog now. Follow me back:) I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/12/impossibly-sweet-ikea-and-trujoy-gluten.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome! Can't wait to try! PB cookies are my fave.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please know I read each one.

Blogging tips