Recent Posts

Recent Posts...

Monday, November 12, 2012

Shrimp and Veggie Pasta

When I was first married, I had very little cooking experience. In college, I was proud of myself for cooking ground beef and heating frozen veggies. Whenever I found a recipe at the grocery store whether it was a freebie card, I tried it. This particular recipe has stood the test of time as one of my favorites once I tweaked it a bit. It originally came from a grocery store that no longer exists, and with a few ingredient additions and some portion adjustments, I've come up with a dish my family loves. It has seemed to make it onto our Weekly Menu Planner quite regularly in fact. I've made it to impress friends and extended family as well. It's that yummy, and the best part is, it's fairly easy, so let's get started. Shall we?

Ingredients:

1 lb. box of bow tie pasta
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
2 lbs. of medium shrimp (raw, shelled, and deveined)
2 six-ounce jars of sliced mushrooms (undrained)
1 bag of frozen green beans (enough for 4-6 servings)
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Steps:
1. Cook pasta as directed on box.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet and add garlic. Saute for one minute over medium heat.
3. Cook shrimp on medium high heat for three minutes or until fully cooked.
4. Add mushrooms, green beans and chicken broth and cook for an additional five minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Drain pasta and place in large pasta dish. Toss with cheese to melt. Then add in shrimp, veggies, and sauce and toss.

This dish is best when served fresh, so if you choose to make it while entertaining, be prepared to have your guests visiting with you in the kitchen. It serves eight, and it reheats well for leftovers, which we have for our family of six, but I'm guessing in a couple years, we won't. 

Enjoy!!!   



I'll be sharing this post at some of these parties here or here.     

 

7 comments:

  1. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about pasta and noodles! There is already a great collection of dishes but it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with shrimp is fantastic in my book! I am pinning this one! Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonny that looks sooo good. My hubs is allergic to shrimp BUT I bet I could use chicken instead!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!!! I make something similar but with asparagus :)

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I love asparagus. I'll have to try it with that sometime. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  5. Delicious! Thanks for linking up to my Pin Me Party! I see that you grabbed the featured button. Thanks! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat eye glasses had come up with many timeless along with unceasing alluring desirable during the past period.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please know I read each one.

Blogging tips