Recent Posts

Recent Posts...

Friday, November 2, 2012

From T-Shirt to Treasure: Part 2


Part 2: Re-Styling T-Shirts 
Since we already focused on how to make projects out of old t-shirts that we still loved but couldn't wear anymore last week, it's time to find the top ten ways to take a t-shirt that is still in great shape but rework it to something even more stunning to wear! Check out these ten tutorials I've found that I'm looking forward to creating myself:

 Who would have thought to turn a t-shirt into a fitted skirt? Not me, but doesn't this one look awesome? IMG_1966
I love fitted t-shirts, but I am not familiar with peplums; however, apparently, I'm one of the few. Here's a great tutorial to take a large shirt and size it down to t his more stylish peplum.
It's a Wunderbar Life's Peplum

If you can crochet, you must try this pattern. It turns a boring solid-color t-shirt into something simply lovely. I am definitely going to give this a try after I practice my crocheting skills some more. 
 
DIY Crochet neckline

Who doesn't love shirts for little girls and Christmas shirts? I'm thinking this would be a clever way to hide a stain on a plain t-shirt even. 
gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com's Christmas tree shirt

Maybe it's because I'm a Texas gal myself, but I fell in love with this t-shirt when I found it on pinterest. I also love the placement of it instead of the conventional front and center location. Again, this would be a fun way to hide a stain or fix a hole on a solid-colored t-shirt.  
 

sweet-verbena's reverse-applique t-shirt

In the spring, Old Navy sells some cute solid-colored t-shirts for cheap. This is a fun way to make those shirts more special. I'm thinking of doing this to some of the plain t-shirts I bought this past spring to wear with the skirts I sewed. 
heyjenrenee's fabric flower t-shirt

Isnt' this design fun and funky? I'm such a casual sort of girl and live in t-shirts. This is another fun way to make a plain t-shirt look cool for casual wear. Who says casual has to be boring? 
 

Finally, a project I can make for my boys!
sugarbeecrafts.com's bleached t-shirt

I think the hardest part about this shirt is picking the most meaningful quote to write on it. I have several Bible passages I love, so I'm thinking of picking one of those for this project.
 

u-createcrafts.com's watermark t-shirt


Can you believe this was a t-shirt? What a cute way to layer. I love how feminine it is.
t-shirt recycle.   T Shirt Shrug
cutoutandkeep's shrug

Just looking at this list makes me want to run out and buy a handful of t-shirts. I can't decide which project to tackle first. What do you think? Which one will you try? Next week, I am sharing ways to treasure special shirts that are just too meaningful to part with. Stay tuned!
I'll be sharing this post at some of these parties here or here.     

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for these great ideas! If only I were talented enough to try them! Thank you so much for visiting and adding your idea to the Thanksgiving Treats and Fall Fun Linky Party. I’m one of your co-hosts from OneCreativeMommy.com. If you linked up from one of the other co-host sites, I hope you’ll stop by my site for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun ideas!! I'm in love so many of them! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never restyled anything, but if I were to restyle a tee I'd add either fabric flowers or ruffles of some sort.

    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :))

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ideas! I am loving the crochet trim. Thanks for the super ideas, good finds! Now following via GFC, Facebook and pinterst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, my favorites are the shrug and the peplum. Yeah, I had no idea that was a peplum. ; )
    Thanks for linking up
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feature!!
    www.gritsandgiggles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute ideas! I had no idea what a peplum was either so you aren't the only one! http://www.craftinterrupted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever, great ideas :) Thanks so much for linking up to the Thanksgiving Treats & Fall Festival Party! I also host a weekly linky party on Tuesday called The Gathering Spot and would love it if you'd link up sometime. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the cutest ideas.... Can't wait to give some of them a try....


    hugs ~ Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! I have a shirt I want to use for the shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the round up! This is a great selection of ideas!
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great round up! I pinned that last one ages ago, but still haven't gotten around to doing it. :-) Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these!! Thanks so much for sharing them!

    www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are great! Can't wait to try some of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute ideas! My daughter will love making some of these. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas. I love the shrug. I hadn't seen that before. Thanks so much for sharing at last Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. This weeks party is live. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
    Can't wait to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete


  19. Most online custom T-shirt design services offer a wide selection of design features, apparel options and print types.

    design a t shirt
    print on shirts
    digital t shirt printing
    custom tee shirts
    create t shirts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Bonny Hope you are perfectly fine. I love you blog. This is my first visit but you have really good collection of modern t-shirts and i just love it. Thanks you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bonny need to ask something about these mens t-shirts. Can we talk?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please know I read each one.

Blogging tips