Recent Posts

Recent Posts...

Monday, November 26, 2012

Cookie Recipe Exchange: Week 2



Welcome to the Holiday Cookie Recipe Swap...Blog Hop
(really it's a linky party)

(All these adorable graphics are done by Smitten Blog Designs)

Join us for all FOUR weeks of cookie features, recipes, and linky parties.

Here is the line up:

Sweet Boutique    November 20
The Domesticated Princess    November 27
Living, Loving, Crafting    December 11

Make sure you come back each week for a great new cookie recipe, plus each blog will be featuring their own favorite cookie links from the party!





This particular recipe took a bit of coaxing from my sweet husband to get it. It's one of my mom's recipes she makes every Christmas, and everyone loves it, so, of course, she was slow to part with it. However, I take after my dad when it comes to sharing and believe that if you have something worth sharing, you should share it. This recipe is definitely worth sharing!


 

I'm not sure of the cookie's origin, but my dad's parents had a lot of pecan trees on their farm, so when I was a child, there was an abundance of pecans every winter. I have fond memories of helping shell them. While the farm has long ago been turned into a neighborhood development with those trees now gone, my mom still manages to acquire bags of pecans from friends and family members every year, which means we can make lots of these cookies every winter! Whether you are given pecans or buy them from the store, I hope you'll try this recipe for Bertie's Pecan Snowball Cookies:

Ingredients:  

1 stick butter (margarine can work, but the butter makes it so much better!)
1 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar

Pre-heat oven to 300. Soften butter, and mix with flour, pecans, sugar, and vanilla. Then roll into balls. (Ours are always about the size of traditional bouncy balls, so you can pop them in your mouth.) Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Roll them in a small bowl of powdered sugar while they are still very warm.

This batch should make between 3 and 4 dozen cookies, depending on the size of the balls. I also wish I could tell you exactly how much powdered sugar to use, but we just guess each time. Start with a cup and add as you run low.



I hope you'll enjoy these cookies as much as my family does!
                                                                            -Bonny




Looking over the posts that came in this week, it was a difficult decision to make, but my favorite cookie recipe comes from www.crystelleboutique.com. She shares a no-bake recipe that includes two of my favorite treats: chocolate and peanut butter! 
Picture

Since each of the four co-hosts picked out her favorite cookie, be sure to check all four blogs to see them.

Don't forget to grab a button if you were featured!





On to the party!

Please follow all four co-hosts.
This linky is for COOKIE RECIPE posts only, please!
Link up as many times as you want!  
This is a month long party so keep coming back for more recipes and features! 
 Each blog will be featuring their favorite links each week! 
(Make sure you get a button if you have been featured.)









If you are having trouble linking up, I apologize. I'm not sure what's happening, but you are welcome to link up at Stephanie's blog here.

I'll be sharing this post at some of these parties here.  

8 comments:

  1. You are so super sweet! I can't believe that my recipe was your favorite! I must say, it is a favorite around our house... :)

    Have a some very happy holidays.... With lots of cookies... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I couldn't get the featured button to work.... (?)
    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystelle, I apologize. I hadn't tested it out once I put it in the post and it wasn't the original html, but I've fixed it and tested it, so it's working now.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for fixing it! It works now.... :)

      hugs x
      Crystelle

      Delete
  3. Thanks for inviting me to your super yummy cookie link up party! Hop on over to my MoMomma Monday LInk up! We link up starting MOnday and run through Friday every week! www.momomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonny! Love the link up! I'm trying to link my pumpkin whoopie pies in too, but I can't seem to get your Add Your Link button to work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the inconvenience. I don't know why my link up stopped working, but it has done that to me before; however, Stephanie's is working, so you can try it here: http://swtboutique.blogspot.com/2012/11/holiday-cookie-recipe-blog-hopthe.html.

      Delete
  5. thank you for the invite! I couldn't get your link up to work, but I read the comments and linked up via the other site. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please know I read each one.

Blogging tips